13/03/2013

The therapy


FX: Church piano chords.

 

FATHER GABRIEL: [echoed voice] Ladies and gentleman, we’re gathered here today-

 

HUSBAND: [heavy coughing]

 

FATHER GABRIEL: -For an-

 

HUSBAND: Excuse me Father, you mean “Dear Brother and Sisters”

 

FATHER GABRIEL: Yes son… Dear Brother and Sisters, we’re gathered here today for an-

 

WIFE: [sigh]

 

INVITED FEMALE NEIGHBOUR: [giggle]

 

FATHER GABRIEL: -an intervention.

 

HUSBAND: I thought an intervention had to be communitarian.

 

INVITED FEMALE NEIGHBOUR: [giggle] In community at least.

 

FATHER GABRIEL: May I intervene?

 

HUSBAND: You already did. But please do.

 

FATHER GABRIEL: [low piano chord] I already did.

 

INVITED FEMALE NEIGHBOUR: So this is what they call an urgent intervention! What’s the matter? [giggles]

 

WIFE: Everyone knows that.

 

HUSBAND: Apparently not everybody.

 

FATHER GABRIEL: [sigh] This is indeed an intervention Sister… Son, would you please join me in the confessional, will you?
I’ll leave the ladies with each other’s company.

FX: steps

INVITED FEMALE NEIGHBOUR-[sigh] What?

 

Wife: [grumpy] What?

 

FX: confessional door being slid open and slid closed

 

FATHER GABRIEL: Have you heard it, Son?


HUSBAND: Yes Dad, now I know.

 

Sem comentários:

Farewell, Old Man*

My childhood, boy? I am not sure I have been a child, boy. Have I? Who told you I have? You boy are too smart, you see a boy in me, hein? I ...